Wednesday, July 18, 2012

4th Grade Rose Windows

For this unit I completed during my student teaching experience, I introduced Rose Windows and had students look at several pictures of them found around the world.  Throughout the unit we talked about symmetrical objects and how they can be used to create a design with radial symmetry. I also had student contemplate the possible ways they could create a radial design from a square sheet of paper.  I taught the students how to fold the paper to create a 6 repeat pattern and they used a variety of different cuts in order to create their final designs.  Prior to adding the tissue paper to the back, we discussed warm, cool, and complimentary color schemes.  The kids had a blast with this project and their final products look amazing!

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment